Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Act of Turning

Today is a new day that God has made & the first thing I need to do is go find a clothes dryer. Nova Scotia is not like Mongolia when if comes to drying clothes. Just started day 2 & all the clothes are still super damp. Mongolia a wet pair of jeans totally dry in 2-3 hours.

Yesterday a friend in Mongolia sent me a text reminding me that I needed to change my location from Mongolia to Canada until we move on to the next place. I really think that this is a big part of my struggles.

I had another missionary tell me that I needed to give God back Mongolia & to hold my empty hands before God to give me what is next (Thailand.) This is a daily giving Mongolia back to God for me because as crazy hard as Mongolia was all 4 of us we would go back faster than we could imagine. We love Mongolia so much, but for now I have to trust God enough to give Mongolia back to him knowing that he may at some point in the future give Mongolia back. I think the hardest thing for me right now is thinking that he (God) may never give it back.

For me it is a grieving process of leaving the amazing past in the past & with my all of me (mind, body, soul) turn to the future joyfully experiencing each day trusting fully that God has our future. I need to believe that Thailand will be just as amazing as Mongolia or even better.

There is a place in my heart with Mongolia in it & that will never leave.

Миний Монгол хүүн зүүхэнд байна аа.