Saturday, October 25, 2008

Prayer for Challenge!!

Hi everyone please pray for Challenge & the students that have attended. Challenge is one of Nova Scotia's largest annual Christian youth retreats held at New Minas Baptist church. It has been happening for almost 20 years & brings students & youth leaders from all over Atlantic Canada. Click here to check it out!

Pastor Mark Sypher was their guest speaker sharing about love taken from the book of Colossians. God has Anointed Mark as one of his gifted servants. Pray that all who listened to his messages were challenged to change & started a personal relationship with Jesus this weekend. It was a privilege for Teresa & I to serve at Challenge to offer prayers with other leaders while Pastor Mark was sharing his message & to serve the people a meal. Many people helped make the event happen & it is worth it when lives are changed for Christ.

This past week my times with God have been amazing. I have been lifting people, pastors, missionaries up to God in prayer. My last prayer time was over an hour with the holy spirit giving me names of individuals (some I have no idea who they are) that needed prayer & encouragement. I can tell you that some were from Nova Scotia while others were from all over the world. God is taking me (Matt) to a place where I am totally dependent on him for direction & it is challenging.

Also please pray for my dear friend Jeff Howie as he is in Mongolia right now & will be for the next month. Jeff will be traveling throughout the country teaching discipleship at the YWAM bases & encouraging the missionaries who are living in Mongolia.

Things have not changed for us as of yet. We are still contacting churches & individuals for additional support as we need only $800.00 more in monthly support & only $1500.00 in one time support. God will provide...Matthew 6:25-27