Sunday, April 29, 2012

Craft Class

Yesterday, Teresa & the kids were busy so I went to craft class at our community centre by myself to teach the community kids. Last week Esme went through her art/craft books & found a craft that she thought the community kids would like to create, box people.

 
This week only my boys came. I love these boys because they have been the most committed, hard working, creative kids in our community. They have never missed a craft class all year.


Here they are showing off their boxmen creations. I am really going to miss these guys. Whenever I am walking or driving anywhere in the community my boys always waves like crazy & say "hi big brother."



 Teresa had a wonderful time in class last week, learning about leadership & organizational structure, spending time in class with her friends from here in the city & the countryside. She is back to teaching the kids this week. Please keep in your prayers as she finds home schooling a challenge. The cool thing is that the kids are excited to have mum back teaching them again.

I bought all of our flight tickets this weekend & the time of us leaving Mongolia is coming close (under 2 months.) Please pray that we will be able to spend time with our Mongolian friends & continue to serve them until we leave. Also pray that all of our furniture & car will sell too. We are still meeting Mongolian friends that have been busy & have not heard that we are leaving. They are always in shock at 1st, but when we explain I feel God wants us to move on to another country, Teresa's health concerns & the kids schooling concerns they totally understand. I still think that understanding doesn't make it any easier to say good bye to our friends.

This week I will be continuing to serve at Teen Challenge teaching my weekly 1 hour Bible study, which I have found out when the Mongolian's asked that I teach/preach to them for an hour so they can take notes & apply what they have learned. I have already starting planning for my English classes to them also. This week I have to plan on eating meals with them all. I know last week Aндре was not happy I did not join them for supper on Thursday evening so am planning on spending more time with them this week. I still need to practice my Russian vocabulary list for my Russian class with Aндре. 

There is a ywam team here from a Russian ywam school for 2 months. They just finished their classroom studies in the Ukraine & arrived here in Mongolia last night. We will be working with them while they are here in Mongolia for 2 months. Please pray for them.