Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Team is gone

Sunday morning the Hong Kong team left to rest & prepare themselves to work on Monday. The past 10 days was totally crazy, but I have to say the kids in the ger district close to the community centre had so much fun, playing games, making crafts, acting in skits & singing songs. During the afternoons the Hong Kong team visited the poor Mongolian families on our food distribution program & helped a man by buying supplies, digging holes to place posts for a hasha (fence) car door & a gate for people to come in to his yard in another ger district.

This week Teresa is in the countryside with the orphanage kids our centre staff spends time with during the year. She is with the staff from the centre & a new team of people from Hong Kong. I am with the kids at home this week & am really enjoying it because last week I only saw them in the mornings at breakfast for an hour before having to leave.

For Me last week was awesome getting to know the people from Hong Kong & working with them. All of them many times during last week told Teresa & I how amazing our kids are. They have such amazing servant hearts. They always wanted to help the team, the Mongolian kids & were always taking care of each other. They said that you usually never see this with the kids in Hong Kong. They asked if our kids could teach the kids in Hong Hong how to serve & care for others. That was such an encouragement for Teresa & I as we are doing our best to raise our kids to love God & to love & respect others.

Please pray that Teresa has a good week. Please pray for me as I have been having migraine headaches starting yesterday & again today. My neck is tense, my vision is blurry in one eye, from time to time feel dizzy & my head is pounding. Last week was awesome, but I think it's taken a toll on my body & need to rest this week.