Wednesday, June 17, 2009

9 years ago today...

...2 young adults were so much in love that they got married. Those two love crazies were Teresa & I. It is hard to believe that Teresa & I have been married for 9 years. It's got to be longer than that or so it feels. lol (laugh out loud.)

For our anniversary I planned something special, I am going to spend the evening studying for my 1st Mongolian language exam. Sounds fun eh? Please pray for my exam tomorrow morning (Wednesday evening back in Canada/US.) I have to listen, read & write Mongolian 75 minutes. The final part of the exam is speaking in Mongolian for 15 minutes to the director/owner of the college on 3 topics i will find out just before we start speaking to one another. I have gone through a lot of stressful situations in my life, but this feels like one of the most stressful yet.

After my exam Teresa & I will be going our for supper together on Friday to celebrate our 9 years of marriage.

Also please pray for Mittens. We took her to the veterinarian clinic (a Christan missionary project) here in Улаанбаатар. The vet said that mittens was healthy & only 1 month old, but dehydrated. she will not drink water, we have to syringe 20ml of water into her mouth every couple of hours. She also doesn't want to eat. She refused chicken, cat foot, & most other things we had. The only thing she would eat was a few very small pieces of Монгол хиам (Mongolian sausage.) Kiel keeps asking me if Mittens will die. I keep telling him that Mittens will be ok & that she should still be with her mother if she was in Canada. I have already laid hands on Mittens & prayed over her for strength & health. Please pray for her.

I will be meeting with my JCS director hopefully tomorrow to talk about the cost of our Mongolian language classes. He was suppose to have talked with the college's directors late last week or early this week. I will update you all as soon as I have more information.