Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Strong Feeling

This evening I was feeling tired, but when I laid down to go to sleep felt God direct me to get up & eventually to open his word.

Feel that I am to really mediate, focus on & pray into:
"May you be strong with all the strength that comes from his glorious power & may you be be prepared to endure everything with patience, while joyfully giving thanks to the father..." Col 1:11-12a NRSV

I read many times & slowly took in each word, as if I was slowly eating a great meal slowly tasting all the flavours in my mouth before swallowing. Then I quietly prayed that I would receive direction from God's spirit, opened 2 of my commentaries and slowly read their insight. After praying more wrote down key points that were standing out for me.

I still have no idea why I feel strongly God is asking me to pray & mediate on these verses.