Monday, July 9, 2012

God is Fast

This morning I spent my some time with God. Then went for a walk across the river & went one block further to be approached by a Thai man. He spoke super clear English, sounded kind of Cdn. He told me that he is now a tour guide (showed me his ID), learned English in Canada & was robbed yesterday. I don't remember what else he said to me even though he was still talking, but God was speaking to me out loud in my head at the same time. God was saying "remember what I taught you 30 minutes ago? How free are you & what are you going to do Matt?"

July10
The Poor

Our attitude toward the poor is still one of the surest tests of the health of our freedom (in Christ). The moment freedom is used to avoid acts of mercy or help or compassion, it is exposed as a fraud. A free person who finds ways to enhance the lives of the poor demonstrates the truest & most mature freedom. A free person who diminishes the lives of the poor by dealing out ridicule or withholding gifts is himself diminished, is herself diminished. 

We are free to resist the pressures to conform to an established formula for being rightly related to God...to harbour even the slightest contempt for the failures & rejects in our society.

Galatians 2:10
E. H. Peterson 

The Thai man was still talking while I broke out into a smile & continued to listen to him. He said all he needed is the equivalent of $4 CAD. I gave it to him with a smile & continued on my walk. Many of you will argue with whether what the man was saying was true or not & that is what "should" have dictated if I gave to him or not. There are times when God says, no. But this time it was yes by the way he was talking to me.

God is so good to me because he tests my learning very soon after learning so that I don't rationalize away (unlearn) what he has taught me. All I have is God's & he gives it to me as a gift to give to others as a gift.