Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Not The Day We Expected

Today was a beautiful day Teresa & the kids had a good day in school while I was off to the Ger District for my Mongolian language class with my instructor & his family (drinking breakfast & talking together.)  I came home to eat some lunch, the kids ran outside to play while Teresa & I talked about some things. All of a sudden Kiel came up to ask if I would play with them & I said I would be out to play in a few minutes. He came back 20 minutes later telling me I had to come out FAST, they (Kiel Esme & Derek) found something really cool. I got my shoes on & went down the stairwell. I went outside & saw Esme holding a 5 week old stray kitten.



She with her brother asked if we could keep the kitten. I said mummy & I would talk about it. Mittens likes Fluffy & the vet said she is perfectly healthy. For a week now Esme has been asking & praying for a kitty of her own. I (adult) never thought God would answer her prayer, but today he did. God shows our children that he loves them & answers their prayers even if it means getting another kitty for us.


Also I am the oldest of 4 boys & have never had a sister. I have not yet learned how to say no to your daughter when she is in tears asking if she can "please have a kitty for herself." When you know she has been praying for one for a week.

Bonnie (the dog) will be returning to her owners when they return from England in August so we will be back down to 2 cats which i think is ok. But we are finished with animals.