Friday, January 1, 2010

Such a simple gift...

...but, lives are changed. Months ago I asked an organization if they had any old desktop computers they were not using anymore. I brought one home, took it totally apart, cleaned it & put it back together. I had some other computer parts (in my backup collection) & replaced some broken parts. Then left it under our computer desk at home for the longest time, installed a Linux Distribution (Operating system) on it & would play with installing software from time to time. The entire time my purpose was to give the computer to a Mongolian who could not afford a computer.

2 weeks ago I asked God, who am I to give this computer to? He did not respond & in the meantime I thought of some people who "I" wanted to give it to. But, I was not feeling settled about the people I had in mind. I was getting a little frustrated because God was not answering my question fast enough. God in a soft voice in my mind kept asking me to wait, wait. December 22nd we went to the JCS Christmas party & while the party was going on God shared with me (using the voice in my mind) who I was to give the computer to. She was at the party & I asked her (randomly) if she had a computer in Mongolian. She said no. Then the night went on & she thought nothing about it.

That night I told Teresa that God shared with me who to give it too. I checked out the cost for me to buy all the parts to totally upgrade the computer & it was very reasonable. So Teresa & I decided to bless this lady with a new computer. I bought all new parts (RAM, Hard drive, keyboard (Mongolian Cyrillic), speakers, monitor & DVD-RAM drive) that would change the PC from ok to a great machine.

This Mongolian lady is 22 years old, single, works for a Mongolian Christian organization (is a local missionary) & makes very little money. She would never in her life be able to afford a computer.

Yesterday Teresa, Kiel, Esme & I went over to her apartment to visit her & her roommate (Aunt Jenna.) Teresa & the kids went ahead of me & went into their apartment. I was behind them & when she saw me with the computer she asked, Энэ юу вэ? ( what is this?) I said Merry Christmas. Бид чи энийг бэлэг огиж байна. (we are giving this gift to you.) She was in total shock. She kept saying this is a joke right? I kept saying no.

She said, wow Jesus is fast. I said, what? She told me 4 days earlier she started asking God if she could have a computer. The same time she told her parents, who don't know Jesus what she was praying for. They thought is was a waist of time. As soon as I put it together for her she called her parents & they couldn't believe it.

I had no idea about this, I was just doing what God was hinting at me to do. The result was one of God's servants were blessed & seeds were planted in her parents lives. Here is a picture of the computer.



Thank-you all for your support. Here is a practical example of how you all are helping local people here.